Q. Which of the following fact is /are correct about the principle of "triple-chain of collective responsibility" in a democratic parliamentary system of government?
I. Civil service officers are accountable to Ministers
II. Ministers are accountable to the head of state
III. Ministers are accountable to the Parliament/Legislature
IV. Parliament/Legislature is ultimately answerable to the electorate.
Correct code is -
1) Only I and II
2) Only II and III
3) Only IV
4) Only I, II, and IV
Q. Which part of the Constitution of India reflects the Fundamental Duties?
1) Part X
2) Part XII
3) Part IV-A
4) Part IX - B
Q. Which Article of the Constitution separates the judiciary from the executive?
1) Article 143
2) Article 50
3) Article 144
4) Article 74
Q. Which of the following conditions is/are necessary for the issue of a writ of certiorari in India?
(1) There should be a tribunal or an officer having legal authority to determine questions affecting the rights of subjects and having a duty to act judicially.
(2) Such tribunal or officer has acted without jurisdiction.
Select the correct answer using the code given below -
1) Only 1
2) Only 2
3) Both 1 and 2
4) Neither 1 nor 2
Q. Who among the following Chief Justices of India ordered the Constitution of a Special Bench called 'Social Justice Bench'?
1) Justice H. L. Dattu
2) Justice K. G. Balakrishnan
3) Justice R. M. Lodha
4) Justice Y. K. Sabharwal
Q. Which one among the following Departments/Authorities is not under the Ministry of Home Affairs?
1) The Department of States
2) The Department of Official Language
3) The National Authority Chemical Weapons Convention
4) The Department of Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh Affairs
Q. Who among the following is given discretionary powers under the Fifth Schedule of the Constitution of India to set up a Tribes Advisory Council in a State that has Scheduled Tribes but not Scheduled Areas?
1) The Governor of the concerned State
2) The President of India
3) The Inter-State Council
4) The Parliament of India
Q. Which one of the following statements about the Solicitor General of India (SGI) is not correct?
1) The SGI is the Government’s chief legal advisor
2) The SGI is the secondary law officer of the country
3) The post of the SGI is a constitutional post
4) The SGI is appointed by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet
Q. Which one of the following committees does not have members from the Rajya Sabha?
1) The Public Accounts Committee
2) The Committee on Public Undertakings
3) The Estimates Committee
4) The Committee on the Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
Q. Which one of the following statements about the election of the President of India is not correct?
1) A Union Minister shall not be eligible for election as the President
2) The President is elected by the elected members of the Parliament and the Legislative Assemblies of States and Union Territories
3) The Electoral College does not include elected members of the Legislative Councils
4) The system of proportional representation by means of a single transferable vote is followed
Fashion design is a dynamic and creative field that offers innovative career openings for those with a passion for style, creativity, and invention. This composition will explore the colorful job prospects in the fashion design assiduity, the original hires one can anticipate, and punctuate some o →
Foundation Date: December 8, 1991 Headquarters: The Republic of Belarus Executive Secretaries: Sergei Lebedev Member Countries: 12 Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) was established on December 8, 1991, and the leaders of the Republic of Belarus, the Russian Federation, and Ukraine signed an a →
In 2009, an unknown programmer by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto put forward a whitepaper that proposed a creation of new form of digital currency - cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency functions the same way as regular currencies do in that its used as a means of exchange, unit of account and a store of va →
Headquarter: New Delhi Function and Objective of the Organization: The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)has been established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food-related issues in various Ministries →
If you contribute your content to our site. Please mail us your content to firstname.lastname@example.org