Q. Nitrogen in the air -
1) Is essential for the body
2) Dilutes oxygen which is very active in pure form
3) Makes oxygen soluble in the blood
4) Decreases the density of air
Q. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
1) Most carbon compounds are good conductors of electricity
2) Bonding in organic compounds is covalent
3) Graphite is used as a lubricant
4) Diamond is an allotrope of carbon
Q. Which one of the following statements about fertilizers is not correct?
1) Urea is a phosphorous-containing fertilizer
2) Application of fertilizer to the soil increases the fertility of the soil
3) Urea can be prepared by the action of ammonia and carbon dioxide under high pressure and at high temperature
4) Urea contains more nitrogen than other fertilizers
Q. Which one of the following is not a pigment?
1) Zinc oxide
3) White lead
Q. Which one of the following is the colour of hydrogen gas?
1) Light yellow
Q. Which one of the following allotropes of carbon is isomorphous with crystalline silicon?
Q. Which one of the following is not an example of a redox reaction?
1) AlCl3+3H2O → Al(OH)3+ 3HCl
2) 2NaH → 2NA + H2
3) 4Fe + 3O2 → 2Fe2O3
4) CuSO4 + Zn → Cu + ZnSO4
Q. For an element with atomic number 35, which one of the following will be the correct number of electrons in its valence shell based on Bohr's model of an atom?
Q. Which one of the following is the correct order of the valencies of elements Ne, Si, N, and Mg?
Q. The mass number of argon is 40. Which one of the following statements is correct?
1) The number of protons in argon is 22
2) The number of neutrons in argon is 18
3) The number of electrons in argon is 18
4) The sum of the numbers of protons and electrons in argon is 40
Comparative literature is an interdisciplinary field that studies literature from different countries, cultures, and languages. This field offers various career opportunities, and its scope is not limited to just academia. Comparative literature graduates can work in a variety of fields, including p →
Foundation Date: December 8, 1991 Headquarters: The Republic of Belarus Executive Secretaries: Sergei Lebedev Member Countries: 12 Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) was established on December 8, 1991, and the leaders of the Republic of Belarus, the Russian Federation, and Ukraine signed an a →
In 2009, an unknown programmer by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto put forward a whitepaper that proposed a creation of new form of digital currency - cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency functions the same way as regular currencies do in that its used as a means of exchange, unit of account and a store of va →
Headquarter: New Delhi Function and Objective of the Organization: The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)has been established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food-related issues in various Ministries →
If you contribute your content to our site. Please mail us your content to email@example.com