Q. The chemical name of quick lime is -
1) Calcium chloride
2) Calcium oxide
3) Calcium carbonate
4) Calcium hydroxide
Q. The antacid marketed as milk of magnesia has as the main ingredient -
Q. Which one of the following is the main reason for acid rain?
1) Dissolution of sulphur and nitrogen oxides in rain
2) Dissolution of minerals in rain
3) Dissolution of dust particles in the rain
4) Dissolution of soil solution in rain
Q. Which one of the following statements about biogas is not correct?
1) It is mainly composed of methane gas
2) It is a non-renewable source of energy
3) It is formed by the decomposition of cow dung in the absence of oxygen
4) It burns without smoke and leaves no residue
Q. Which one of the following statements is not correct with regard to genetically modified organisms?
1) In this technique, a gene from one organism is isolated and transferred to the cell of another organism
2) This technique has applications only in plants
3) Genes for insect resistance may spread from crop plants to wild plants
4) To produce a transgenic animal the novel genes are inserted at a very early stage of development
Q. Which one of the following statements is true when non-metals are dissolved in water?
1) They produce basic oxides
2) They produce acidic oxides
3) They produce neutral oxides
4) They provide hydroxides
Q. The number of saturated and unsaturated bonds in cyclohexane is -
1) 9 and 0 respectively
2) 18 and 3 respectively
3) 18 and 0 respectively
4) 9 and 3 respectively
Q. While burning hydrocarbon fuels, if we see a yellow flame with lots of black smoke, it means that the fuel is -
1) made of saturated hydrocarbons
2) made of unsaturated hydrocarbons
3) burning completely
Q. What is the number of moles of 'He' is 104 g of helium gas?
Q. Which one of the following is not an example of an oxidation reaction?
1) The taste of butter changes if left for a longer period
2) A white substance is formed when an aqueous solution of barium chloride is mixed with a sodium sulphate solution
3) A reddish-brown powder gets coated on articles made of iron
4) Wine gets sour with time
Print media are lightweight, portable, disposable publications printed on paper and circulated as physical copies in forms we call books, newspapers, magazines, and newsletters. They hold informative and entertaining content that is of general or special interest. They are published either once or d →
Foundation Date: September 11, 1961 Headquarter: Gland (Switzerland) President & CEO: Carter Roberts Member Countries: All the countries of the world WWF was established in 1961 by a group of passionate and committed individuals who sought to secure the funding necessary to protect places and →
In 2009, an unknown programmer by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto put forward a whitepaper that proposed a creation of new form of digital currency - cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency functions the same way as regular currencies do in that its used as a means of exchange, unit of account and a store of va →
Headquarter: New Delhi Function and Objective of the Organization: The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)has been established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food-related issues in various Ministries →
If you contribute your content to our site. Please mail us your content to email@example.com