Q. Who among the following was the President of Indian National Congress when India got independence?
1) J. B. Kriplani
2) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
3) Mahatma Gandhi
4) Jawahar Lal Nehru
Q. Seats in the Lok Sabha are not reserved for -
1) Scheduled Castes
2) Scheduled Tribes
4) None of the above
Q. The Lok Sabha Secretariate comes under the direct supervision of the -
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Prime Minister's Office
3) Ministry of Parliament Affairs
4) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
Q. Who is the first Law Officer of the Government of India?
1) The Chief Justice of India
2) Union Law Minister
3) Attorney-General of India
4) Law Secretary
Q. The Legislative Council of a State can be abolished or created by the -
1) The President of India on the recommendation of Parliament
2) The Legislature Assembly of the State concerned
3) Parliament through a simple Legislation
4) Parliament on the recommendation of the Legislative Assembly of the State concerned
Q. Which one of the following writs will be issued by the Supreme Court in case of illegal detention of a person?
1) Habeas Corpus
4) Quo Warranto
Q. Which one of the following is not appointed by the Governor of a State?
1) The Chief Minister
2) Advocate General
3) Member of State Republic Service Commission
4) Judges of the High Court
Q. Who amongst the following acts as the presiding officer of the House without being its member?
1) Vice President of India
2) Speaker of Lok Sabha
3) Chairman of the Legislative Council
4) Speaker of the Legislative Assembly
Q. Which pair is not correctly matched?
1) Fundamental Duties-Article 51 of Indian Constitution
2) Free Legal Aid-Article 39A of Indian Constitution
3) Safeguard the Forests and Wildlife-Article 48A of Indian Constitution
4) Protect Historical Monument-Article 49 of Indian Constitution
Q. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched in relation to the Schedules of the Constitution of India?
1) Eleventh Schedule-Panchayati Raj Institution
2) Eighth Schedule-Panchayati Raj Institutions
3) Twelfth Schedule-Municipalities
4) Tenth Schedule-Anti Defection law
Print media are lightweight, portable, disposable publications printed on paper and circulated as physical copies in forms we call books, newspapers, magazines, and newsletters. They hold informative and entertaining content that is of general or special interest. They are published either once or d →
Founded on: 7 April 1948. Head Quarter: Geneva, Switzerland Director-General: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus Member Country: 194 WHO began when our Constitution came into force on 7 April 1948 – a date we now celebrate every year as World Health Day. We are now more than 7000 people from more than 1 →
In 2009, an unknown programmer by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto put forward a whitepaper that proposed a creation of new form of digital currency - cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency functions the same way as regular currencies do in that its used as a means of exchange, unit of account and a store of va →
Headquarter: New Delhi Function of the Organization: The Medical Council of India was established in 1934 under the Indian Medical Council Act, 1933, now repealed, with the main function of establishing uniform standards of higher qualifications in medicine and recognition of medical qualifications →
If you contribute your content to our site. Please mail us your content to firstname.lastname@example.org