Q. Rule of law prevails in -
Q. Monistic theory of sovereignty is stated by -
4) None of the above
Q. Fascism believes in -
1) Dignity of Individual
Q. The President of India is elected by a proportional representation system through single transferable vote. This implies that
1) MPs and MLAs of different States have different numbers of votes
2) each elected MP or MLA has an equal number of votes
3) MPs and MLAs of a State have the same number of votes
4) all MPs and MLAs have one vote each
Q. The original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of India extends to
1) disputes between the Government of India and one or more States
2) treaties and agreements signed by the Government of India
3) disputes relating to implementation of the Directive Principles of State Policy
4) a bill passed by the Parliament which is violative of the Constitution
Q. Which one among the following is a function of the Pro-Tem Speaker of the Lok Sabha?
1) Swear in the members of the House and hold the charge till a regular Speaker is elected
2) Conduct of the proceedings of the House in the absence of the Speaker
3) To check if the election certificates of the members of the House are in order
4) Give his assent to the bills passed by the House
Q. Which one among the following is not true regarding the draft National Food Security Bill?
1) The draft Bill has been cleared by the empowered Group of Ministers of discussion in the Cabinet
2) Every BPL family in the country shall be entitled to 25 kg of wheat or rice per month @ Rs.3 per kg
3) The distribution will be on universal entitlement by ensuring coverage of every adult under the public distribution scheme
4) The Central Government shall allocate required quantity of wheat and/or rice from the central pool t
Q. Which of the statements given below is/are correct?
1. The Armed Forces Special Power Act (AFSPA) was first enforced in the hills of Assam.
2. The AFSPA is enforced in regions notified as 'disturbed area'.
3. Under the provisions of the Act, the Chief Minister of a State can declare the whole State or part of it as 'disturbed are'.
Select the correct answer using the code given below: Code:
1) 1 and 2 only
2) 1, 2 and 3
3) 2 and 3 only
4) 1 only
Q. In addition to Macaulay's Minutes on Education, another landmark Draft is also attributed to him. Identify the Draft from the following.
1) Draft of the Maritime Trade Policy
2) Draft of Indian Penal Code
3) Draft of Indian Forest Policy
4) Draft of the Zamindari Abolition Act
Q. Which of the following feature is/are contrary to the norms of a federal polity?
1. Common All India Service
2. Single integrated judiciary
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
1) 2 only
2) 1 only
3) Both 1 and 2
4) neither 1 nor 2
Print media are lightweight, portable, disposable publications printed on paper and circulated as physical copies in forms we call books, newspapers, magazines and newsletters. They hold informative and entertaining content that is of general or special interest. They are published either once or daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly, bimonthly or quarterly. Print Media is the oldest form of media. But even today it is growing from strength to strength. Around 4000 small, medium and large newspapers and magazines across the county are registered with the Registrar of Newspapers every year. This indicates that it is a growing sector where employment opportunities are increasing with each passing day. Most of the young aspirants who want to enter the print media prefer reporting, but newspapers and magazines also seek young talent as photographers, artists, editors, computer experts, librarians, and cartoonists. Students who have writing ability, graphics or photo skills, curiosity and deter →
Oscar Award 2018 (Also called 90th annual Academy Awards) ceremony was held on 4th March 2018. The Shape of Water led the 90th Academy Awards, winning best picture and best director (for Guillermo del Toro). The film also nabbed prizes for production design and original score. Gary Oldman won the lead actor award for his work as Winston Churchill in Darkest Hour. Frances McDormand earned her second best actress Oscar for her role as a grieving mother in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. Winner List of Oscar Award 2018 (90th annual Academy Awards) Best Picture - The Shape of Water Actor In A Leading Role - Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour Actress In A Leading Role - Frances Mcdormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri Best Directing - Guillermo Del Toro, The Shape Of Water Original Song - Remember Me from coco Music and lyric by kristen anderson-lopez and robert lopez Original Score - Shape of Water, Alexandre Desplat Cinematography - Blade Runner 2049, Roger A. Deakins Orig →
India and the United States signed a landmark deal in October 2008, which allows India access to US civil nuclear fuel and technology. What is it that makes this deal so significant? How does India stand to gain from it ? Here are some answers to these questions : What is the Indo-U.S. Civilian Nuclear Deal ? This is a deal between India and the United States for civil nuclear cooperation. Under this agreement, the United States can sell civilian nuclear fuel and technology to India. India in turn, has to separate its civil and military nuclear facilities and place all its civil nuclear facilities under International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) inspection. The accord took three years to be finalized, during which it went through a series of complex stages that included amendment of U.S. domestic law, formulation of a civil-military nuclear separation plan in India, an India-IAEA safeguards (inspections) agreement and the grant of an exemption for India by the Nuclear Suppliers' →
Genetic Modification Genetic modification refers to techniques used to manipulate the genetic composition of an organism by adding specific useful genes. A gene is a sequence of DNA that contains information that determines a particular characteristic/trait. All organisms have DNA (genes). Genes are located in chromosomes. Genes are units of inheritance that are passed from one generation to the next and provide instructions for development and function of the organism. Crops that are developed through genetic modification are referred to as genetically modified (GM) crops, transgenic crops or genetically engineered (GE) crops. Over the last 30 years, the field of genetic engineering has developed rapidly due to the greater understanding of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) as the chemical double helix code from which genes are made. The term genetic engineering is used to describe the process by which the genetic makeup of an organism can be altered using “recombinant DNA technology.” This →
If you contribute your content to our site. Please mail us your content to firstname.lastname@example.org