Q. During the anaerobic respiration that takes place in our musceles while doing rigorous exercise, what is the end product formed in the muscle?
1) Acetic Acid
2) Carbon dioxide
4) Lactic Acid
Q. Which of the following is a fresh water sponge?
Q. Peptides are present in every living cell and possess a variety of biochemical activities. Peptides appear as -
4) All of the above
Q. Which of the following pairs is not matched correctly?
1) Kwashiorkor-Protein Deficiency
2) Osteoporosis-Calcium Deficiency
3) Scurvey-Vitamin K deficiency
4) Beri-Beri-Vitamin B1 deficiency
Q. Metabolic Syndrome includes -
II. High Blood Sugar
III. Excess body fat around the waist
IV. Abnormal Cholesterol
Correct code is -
1) Only I and II
2) Only III and IV
3) Only I, II and IV
4) All I, II, III and IV
Q. Which part of our body gets affected by tuberculosis?
Q. Which of the following statements is incorrect about Trans Fatty Acids?
1) Consumption of Trans Fatty acids is a significant risk factor for cardiovascular diseases
2) Trans fatty acids are a major source of adulteration in Desi Ghee and mustard oil
3) Trans fatty acids are associated with a high risk of developing obesity, Type-2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, infertility and certain types of cancers
4) Natural source of TFAs is oilseeds
Q. Infertility among women is caused by -
1) Vitamin B12 deficiency
2) Vitamin D deficiency
3) Both (A) and (B)
4) Neither (A) nor (B)
Q. Pancreatic hormones help -
I. Regulate blood sugar levels.
II. Regulate appetite.
III. Stimulate stomach acids.
Correct code is -
1) Only I
2) Only II and III
3) All I, II, III
4) Only III
Q. Dwarfism is the result of -
1) Excessive secretion of thyroxine hormone
2) Excessive secretion of growth hormone
3) Less secretion of adrenaline hormone
4) Less secretion of growth hormone
Print media are lightweight, portable, disposable publications printed on paper and circulated as physical copies in forms we call books, newspapers, magazines, and newsletters. They hold informative and entertaining content that is of general or special interest. They are published either once or d →
Founded on: 7 April 1948. Head Quarter: Geneva, Switzerland Director-General: Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus Member Country: 194 WHO began when our Constitution came into force on 7 April 1948 – a date we now celebrate every year as World Health Day. We are now more than 7000 people from more than 1 →
In 2009, an unknown programmer by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto put forward a whitepaper that proposed a creation of new form of digital currency - cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency functions the same way as regular currencies do in that its used as a means of exchange, unit of account and a store of va →
Headquarter: New Delhi Function and Objective of the Organization: The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)has been established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food-related issues in various Ministries →
If you contribute your content to our site. Please mail us your content to firstname.lastname@example.org