Q. Consider the following statements about a solenoid :
1. The magnetic field strength in a solenoid depends upon the number of turns per unit length in the solenoid.
2. The magnetic field strength in a solenoid depends upon the current flowing in the wire of the solenoid.
3. The magnetic field strength in a solenoid depends upon the diameter of the solenoid.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
1) 1, 2 and 3
2) 1 and 3 only
3) 2 and 3 only
4) 1 and 2 only
Q. The correct sequence of energy transfer that occurs when an apple falls to the ground is -
1) Gravitational potential energy - heat energy to air - kinetic energy - heat energy to ground and apple - sound energy
2) Gravitational potential energy - sound energy - kinetic energy - heat energy to air - heat energy to ground and apple
3) Gravitational potential energy - kinetic energy - heat energy to air - heat energy to ground and apple - sound energy
4) Gravitational potential energy - kinetic energy - sound energy - heat energy to air - heat energy to ground and apple
Q. Which one of the following energy is stored in the links between the atoms?
1) Nuclear energy
2) Chemical energy
3) Potential energy
4) Thermal energy
Q. Which one of the following is not true in reference to Air mass?
1) Air mass forms either in tropical or in polar region
2) Air mass develops on continents as well as over ocean
3) Air mass develops in a cyclonic condition
4) Air mass changes the weather conditions
Q. Which one of the following can charge an insulator?
1) Current electricity
2) Static electricity
3) Magnetic field
4) Gravitational field
Q. Let us consider a copper wire having radius r and length I. Let its resistance be R. If the radius of another copper wire is 2r and the length is 1/2 then the resistance of this wire will be -
3) R/ 4
4) R/ 8
Q. At 200C, the speed of sound in water is approximately -
1) 330 m/ s
2) 800 m/ s
3) 1500 m/ s
4) 5000 m/ s
Q. Which one of the following could be the melting point of iron?
Q. Who among the following has explained the phenomenon of photoelectric effect?
1) Max Planck
2) Albert Einstein
3) Neils Bohr
4) Ernest Rutherford
Q. Suppose there are two planets, 1 and 2, having the same density but their radii are R1 and R2 respectively, where R1 > R2. The accelerations due to gravity on the surface of these planets are related as -
1) g1 > g2
2) g1 < g2
3) g1 = g2
4) Can't say anything
Print media are lightweight, portable, disposable publications printed on paper and circulated as physical copies in forms we call books, newspapers, magazines and newsletters. They hold informative and entertaining content that is of general or special interest. They are published either once or da →
History of United Nation The name "United Nations", coined by United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt was first used in the Declaration by United Nations of 1 January 1942. In 1945, representatives of 50 countries met in San Francisco at the United Nations Conference on International Organiza →
In 2009, an unknown programmer by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto put forward a whitepaper that proposed a creation of new form of digital currency - cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency functions the same way as regular currencies do in that its used as a means of exchange, unit of account and a store of va →
Headquarter: New Delhi Function of the Organization: The Medical Council of India was established in 1934 under the Indian Medical Council Act, 1933, now repealed, with the main function of establishing uniform standards of higher qualifications in medicine and recognition of medical qualifications →
If you contribute your content to our site. Please mail us your content to email@example.com