Q. Rule of law prevails in -
Q. Monistic theory of sovereignty is stated by -
4) None of the above
Q. Fascism believes in -
1) Dignity of Individual
Q. The President of India is elected by a proportional representation system through single transferable vote. This implies that
1) MPs and MLAs of different States have different numbers of votes
2) each elected MP or MLA has an equal number of votes
3) MPs and MLAs of a State have the same number of votes
4) all MPs and MLAs have one vote each
Q. The original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of India extends to
1) disputes between the Government of India and one or more States
2) treaties and agreements signed by the Government of India
3) disputes relating to implementation of the Directive Principles of State Policy
4) a bill passed by the Parliament which is violative of the Constitution
Q. Which one among the following is a function of the Pro-Tem Speaker of the Lok Sabha?
1) Swear in the members of the House and hold the charge till a regular Speaker is elected
2) Conduct of the proceedings of the House in the absence of the Speaker
3) To check if the election certificates of the members of the House are in order
4) Give his assent to the bills passed by the House
Q. Which one among the following is not true regarding the draft National Food Security Bill?
1) The draft Bill has been cleared by the empowered Group of Ministers of discussion in the Cabinet
2) Every BPL family in the country shall be entitled to 25 kg of wheat or rice per month @ Rs.3 per kg
3) The distribution will be on universal entitlement by ensuring coverage of every adult under the public distribution scheme
4) The Central Government shall allocate required quantity of wheat and/or rice from the central pool t
Q. Which of the statements given below is/are correct?
1. The Armed Forces Special Power Act (AFSPA) was first enforced in the hills of Assam.
2. The AFSPA is enforced in regions notified as 'disturbed area'.
3. Under the provisions of the Act, the Chief Minister of a State can declare the whole State or part of it as 'disturbed are'.
Select the correct answer using the code given below: Code:
1) 1 and 2 only
2) 1, 2 and 3
3) 2 and 3 only
4) 1 only
Q. In addition to Macaulay's Minutes on Education, another landmark Draft is also attributed to him. Identify the Draft from the following.
1) Draft of the Maritime Trade Policy
2) Draft of Indian Penal Code
3) Draft of Indian Forest Policy
4) Draft of the Zamindari Abolition Act
Q. Which of the following feature is/are contrary to the norms of a federal polity?
1. Common All India Service
2. Single integrated judiciary
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
1) 2 only
2) 1 only
3) Both 1 and 2
4) neither 1 nor 2
Print media are lightweight, portable, disposable publications printed on paper and circulated as physical copies in forms we call books, newspapers, magazines, and newsletters. They hold informative and entertaining content that is of general or special interest. They are published either once or d →
Foundation Date: September 11, 1961 Headquarter: Gland (Switzerland) President & CEO: Carter Roberts Member Countries: All the countries of the world WWF was established in 1961 by a group of passionate and committed individuals who sought to secure the funding necessary to protect places and →
In 2009, an unknown programmer by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto put forward a whitepaper that proposed a creation of new form of digital currency - cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency functions the same way as regular currencies do in that its used as a means of exchange, unit of account and a store of va →
Headquarter: New Delhi Function and Objective of the Organization: The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)has been established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food-related issues in various Ministries →
If you contribute your content to our site. Please mail us your content to email@example.com