Q. Select the option that expresses the given sentence in indirect speech.
How beautiful she is ! said Betty
1) Betty exclaimed with joy how beautiful she was
2) Betty exclaimed with joy that she was very beautiful
3) Betty exclaimed with joy how beautiful she is
4) Betty exclaimed with joy she is very beautiful
Q. Sentences of a paragraph are given below in jumbled order. Arrange the sentences in the right order to form a meaningful and coherent paragraph.
1. Most important, however, are its oils, which are extracted, processed, and marketed for culinary, medicinal, and cosmetic uses alike.
2. Coconut products are used to make everything from clothing to animal feed to beauty creams.
3. The coconut is a very useful plant with a wide range of products being sourced from it.
4. Its kernel is harvested for its edible flesh and delicious water, while its husk is used for its strong fibers.
1) 3, 1, 4, 2
2) 2, 3, 1, 4
3) 1, 4, 2, 3
4) 3, 2, 4, 1
Q. Select the most appropriate meaning of the given idiom.
1) A job that requires a lot of talking and information
2) A job that makes everyone feel proud
3) A job that requires a large amount of physical strength
4) A job that only weak people are assigned
Q. The following sentence has been divided into parts. One of them contains an error. Select the part that contains the error from the given options.
The sea has become/an cheap dumping ground/for all kinds/ of waste products.
1) of waste products
2) an cheap dumping ground
3) for all kinds
4) The sea has become
Q. In the sentence identify the segment which contains the grammatical error.
Saraswati college has maintained its reputation as one of the best college in the country.
1) Saraswati college has maintained
2) its reputation as
3) in the country
4) one of the best college
Q. Select the correct direct form of the given sentence.
The teacher commanded the students not to shout.
1) The teacher says to the students, "Do not shout"
2) The teacher said to the students, "Don't shout"
3) The teacher said to the student, "you should not shout"
4) The teacher told to the students, "you must not shout"
Q. Select one word for the following group of words.
Morals that govern one's behaviour
Q. Select the most appropriate word to fill in the blank.
The groom stood before the.............for the wedding ceremony at the church.
Q. Select the antonym of the given word.
Q. Select the most appropriate segment to substitute the bold segment of the given sentence. If a substitution is not required select 'no improvement'.
The animal resembled with a cat.
2) resembled by
3) No improvement
4) resembled to
Print media are lightweight, portable, disposable publications printed on paper and circulated as physical copies in forms we call books, newspapers, magazines, and newsletters. They hold informative and entertaining content that is of general or special interest. They are published either once or d →
Foundation Date: September 11, 1961 Headquarter: Gland (Switzerland) President & CEO: Carter Roberts Member Countries: All the countries of the world WWF was established in 1961 by a group of passionate and committed individuals who sought to secure the funding necessary to protect places and →
In 2009, an unknown programmer by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto put forward a whitepaper that proposed a creation of new form of digital currency - cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency functions the same way as regular currencies do in that its used as a means of exchange, unit of account and a store of va →
Headquarter: New Delhi Function and Objective of the Organization: The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)has been established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food-related issues in various Ministries →
If you contribute your content to our site. Please mail us your content to firstname.lastname@example.org