Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences 2019 [14 Oct 2019]
The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2019 was awarded jointly to Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer "for their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty."
Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed Ali wins Nobel Peace Prize for 2019 [11 Oct 2019]
The Nobel Peace Prize 2019 was awarded to Abiy Ahmed Ali "for his efforts to achieve peace and international cooperation, and in particular for his decisive initiative to resolve the border conflict with neighbouring Eritrea."
Forbes India Rich List 2019 [11 Oct 2019]
- Mukesh Ambani - Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries (Net worth: $51.4 billion)
- Gautam Adani - Founder and Chairman, Adani Group (Net Worth: $15.7 billion)
- Hinduja Brothers - Hinduja Group (Net worth: $15.6 billion)
- Pallonji Mistry - Shapoorji Pallonji Group (Net worth: $15 billion)
- Uday Kotak - Founder and Chairman, Kotak Mahindra Bank (Net worth: $14.8 billion)
- Shiv Nadar - Founder and Chairman, HCL Technologies (Net Worth: $14.4 billion)
- Radhakishan Damani - Founder, Avenue Supermarts (Net worth: $14.3 billion)
- Godrej Family - Godrej Group (Net worth: $12 billion)
- Lakshmi Mittal - Chairman and CEO, ArcelorMittal (Net worth: $10.5 billion)
- Kumar Birla - Chairman, Aditya Birla Group (Net worth: $9.6 billion)
2019 Nobel Prize in Literature awarded to Austrian author Peter Handke [10 Oct 2019]
Austrian author Peter Handke has won the 2019 Nobel Prize in Literature. Peter Handke was awarded "for an influential work that with linguistic ingenuity has explored the periphery and the specificity of human experience."
2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry awarded for work that led to smartphone batteries [09 Oct 2019]
The 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been awarded to John B. Goodenough, M. Stanley Whittingham and Akira Yoshino "for the development of lithium-ion batteries". John B. Goodenough was born in Germany in 1922 and is currently at the University of Texas in the US. M. Stanley Whittingham was born in 1941 in the UK and currently teaches at the Binghamton University in the US. Akira Yoshino was born in 1948 in Japan and is currently a professor at the Meijo University in Japan.
James Peebles, Michel Mayor, Didier Queloz win Nobel physics prize for discoveries in astronomy [08 Oct 2019]
Canadian-American cosmologist James Peebles and Swiss scientists Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz won the 2019 Nobel Prize for Physics "for revealing the wonder of the evolution of the universe and discovering planets orbiting distant suns".
2019 Nobel Prize: Kaelin, Ratcliffe, Semenza jointly awarded for work on cells, oxygen [07 Oct 2019]
Scientists William G Kaelin, Jr, Peter J Ratcliffe and Gregg L Semenza received the Nobel Prize jointly for their discoveries of "how cells sense and adapt to oxygen availability".
Naomi Osaka Won China Open [06 Oct 2019]
Japan's Naomi Osaka fought back from a set down to beat Australian world number one Ash Barty 3-6 6-3 6-2 in the final of the China Open in Beijing.
Dominic Thiem defeats Stefanos Tsitsipas to claim China Open 2019 [06 Oct 2019]
Top seed Dominic Thiem overcame a one-set deficit to defeat third seed Stefanos Tsitsipas in the men's final of the 2019 China Open.
American Muhammad breaks own world record to win 400m hurdles [05 Oct 2019]
American Dalilah Muhammad broke her own world record to win the women’s 400 metres hurdles at the world championships with a time of 52.16 seconds, edging out compatriot Sydney McLaughlin in a gripping race. The 29-year-old Muhammad, the 2016 Olympic champion, crossed the finish line 0.04 seconds faster than her previous world record set in July